Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Getting my hopes up

I was all excited when I ran across this book in the clearance section of Barnes and Noble:


I'm not a big fan of Charity Girl, but I like Lady of Quality, and the cover design is pretty. Plus, the book is in hardcover, something Heyer's various publishers haven't offered since, like, the 1970s. I've been buying the lovely Sourcebooks editions of Heyer's books, but I wouldn't mind picking up a couple of these hardcover editions, too, particularly if the two-books-in-one combo was a pair I loved (the more Heyer the merrier, as far as I'm concerned).

Sadly, when I got home I discovered that this seems to be the only Heyer book Sterling Publishing is offering, and I'm betting it was published specifically for Barnes and Noble's sale section. So if you'd like to own (non-large-print) hardcover editions of Georgette Heyer's books, hitting eBay for the E.P. Dutton versions is still probably your best bet.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Jessica and Elizabeth ride again

Yes, I'm sure the 3-D special effects will make it...

Diary of a Wimpy Kid #2 brings the pain

Read, burn calories, and shop, all at the same time!

RIP, Dune movie (for now, at least)

Michael Buckley has gone AWOL

Torment, by Lauren Kate

Odd Thomas on the big screen

A would-be Jane Bond?

Imagine a Japanese Nancy Drew paired with a demoni...


Archives



Powered by Blogger