Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wordcandy (hearts) public libraries

Once again, my local library has come through for me with their excellent books-on-CD selection. My family and I are heading off to the beach this week, and we'll be listening to the complete and unabridged audio version of Wendelin Van Draanen's Sammy Keyes and the Hotel Thief along the way.

As longtime readers of the site know, I am a huge Van Draanen fan, and I am sincerely grateful to my library system for providing me with four hours of audio entertainment. If you don't spend much time at your local library (and a shocking number of bibliophiles never set foot in libraries, preferring to hang out in bookstores), do yourself a favor and trot on down. I can't speak for every library in the country, but most of 'em are clean, friendly, staffed by helpful, friendly librarians, and surprisingly well-stocked... with books that are free.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Advertising run amok

The Forest of Hands and Teeth book trailer

Popular shojo manga comes to TV

Jennifer Crusie needs you...

The Punctuation Avenger!

Too much money, too little sense

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Fahrenheit 451: dumbed allll the way down?

Contest news...

James M. Cain novel coming soon to TV?


Archives



Powered by Blogger