Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hocus pocus... with a little hanky-panky

The release of The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes, Jennifer Crusie's newest collaboration (with authors Eileen Dreyer & Anne Stuart) totally snuck up on me this week. I think between anticipating the iPhone release--yes, I am that nerdy--and speculating about the final Harry Potter book, this one didn't make it onto my radar screen.

I am a big fan of Jenny Crusie. But while I enjoy her collaborations, they tend to make me miss her solo novels even more. And (sadly) it looks like we will have a long wait before we see another one of those.

In the meantime, check out the excerpt for The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes on the book's website, and be on the look-out in August for Ms. Crusie's second collaboration with Bob Mayer, Agnes and the Hitman.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Yulianka said...

I've spent all morning reading this, and I think it's a smidgen better than Crusie's first collaboration with Bob Mayer. (Not to mention that Anne Stuart and Eileen Dreyer are LOADS better writers than the two authors who were showcased along with Crusie for that 'Santa, Baby' collection.) 'The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes' isn't as good as a standalone Crusie novel, but it's a lot of fun and well worth the cover price.

1:15 PM

 
Blogger Megwin said...

Plus I really like the cover art for this the only think that bugs me are the authors names at the top. I am not sure how I would resolve this but it bugs me.

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

WHHHHYYYY????

The Last Summer (of You and Me)

Holy cats!

Have we been missing out again?

Seems a little tacky.

Wordcandy Book Snippet

Gakuen Alice

Father's Day Gift Suggestions, Part II

Uh... right.

Cute!


Archives



Powered by Blogger