Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Seems a little tacky.

Romance author Julia Quinn is offering what she calls "second epilogues" through her website. Each epilogue is about 30 pages long, and is available as an $1.99 HarperCollins e-book. Ms. Quinn has written four of these babies, and I wonder how they're selling. I'm not a big enough Quinn fan to buy one myself (her books are amusing, but I really think the Bridgerton series can die a quiet death now), and it seems wrong to ask your readers to pay an additional two dollars just to get to the last last chapter of a story.

Remember, Ms. Quinn: Kelley Armstrong has been offering e-book novellas on her website for years, and she gives 'em away for free.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger TBD said...

Amen to that.

It drives me nuts every time I see a banner on a site advertising it.

7:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two bucks seems like a lot to pay for a thirty-page long e-book. What are they charging you FOR? The non-existent cost of printing it? Quinn seems like she's getting a little big for her britches.

4:00 PM

 
Blogger sybil said...

Blogland went around about this when the first two eppy's debuted. I go back and forth...

I used Kelley Armstrong as an example when I first blogged about it as well. I think this is the topic she guest posted about but I am not sure. I will go look. She was great at addressing it but I can certainally see not wanting to spend the coin on that many pages.

I have the first two but haven't read them because I hadn't read any Julia Quinn, well I have now read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever, which I loved loved loved! But do know Dear Author reviewed one or two of them.

8:43 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Well, this isn't the first unenthusiastic thing I've said about Ms. Quinn (her books are overrated, in my opinion), so I feel a little weird about requesting a review copy of 'Miranda Cheever' for Wordcandy. But if I see enough positive reviews, maybe I'll creak open the ol' wallet and actually pay for a copy....

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Wordcandy Book Snippet

Gakuen Alice

Father's Day Gift Suggestions, Part II

Uh... right.

Cute!

ONE TO THREE MONTHS?!?

See the bear dance...

Another one bites the dust

New romance recommendation

Cover art saves


Archives



Powered by Blogger