Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm told this builds character.

As you all know, we here at Wordcandy love Kiyohiko Azuma's manga Yotsuba&! with the fire of a thousand suns. So imagine our chagrin when we discovered that the series' current U.S. publisher (Yen Press) has decided to hold off on releasing volume ten until October.

Seriously, why don't the various publishers of Yotsuba&! ever seem to love us back? Volume ten came out in Japan last November, so why the wait? Is it because Azuma himself is slow to release new material, so Yen would rather space out their releases to match his pace? If so, I really wish they'd stop. If these books are out in Japan, I'd like the earliest possible opportunity to read 'em in English. I know I'll still have long waits between volumes, but trust me: I am way more likely to forgive Azuma himself than I am the American publishing house that sat on the series like Horton hatching the egg.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Getting out the vote

Forget the book; just judge the cover

Boys Over Flowers: NPR-approved

Note the relative sizes of the title and author na...

The end of an era

Are we thinking of the same book?

See me covet

I don't think I'm old enough for this one.

Clearly, graduation season is coming

Unoriginal yet effective


Archives



Powered by Blogger