Thursday, February 03, 2011

Snow White and Jet Li

And speaking of poorly-conceived reworkings of classic plots, Disney is apparently in talks to develop a new live-action version of Snow White. This fresh take on the fairytale would feature seven warriors (one of whom would apparently be played by Jet Li), rather than seven dwarves, and is rumored to star Natalie Portman.

I could get behind the warrior thing, but I just can't stomach Natalie Portman's vacant screen presence. I'd rather see almost any other actress in this roleā€”even Megan Fox. Seriously: anyone else.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've already seen a retelling of Snow White with seven strapping men rather than seven cuddly bearded pushovers: Snow White: A Tale of Terror. I'm not really sure what Disney thinks that it can add to that... or to its beloved classic from which Disney can still milk plenty of money without having to put in the expense of a live action remake.

And yes, unfortunately, Ms. Portman's finest role is still that from The Professional; she has been less than engaging ever since.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

I'm not sure why Ms. Portman irritates me so much, but I always feel like she's trying WAY too hard to make her acting seem effortless, and I end up feeling embarrassed for her. And if I'm going to pay ten bucks for a movie, I really don't want to walk away feeling embarrassed.

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Wonder Woman pining in her pajamas?

Hopefully he'll wear something pretty...

Painful to behold

I'm actually surprised they haven't already made t...

Encyclopedias for the people

Grim signs

The stomach churns

Coming soon to (every) theater near you...

Trendy and cheap!

Classy.


Archives



Powered by Blogger