Monday, October 18, 2010

Britney wants you to READ

Flavorwire has compiled a "quick visual history" of the American Library Association's "Read" posters featuring popular musicians (at the time). I'm unclear as to why Bowie is wearing a letterman's jacket in his shot, and that picture of a patriotic-shirt-wearing Britney Spears clutching the first Harry Potter is just a treasure, but my favorite has to be the blurry glimpse of Sting sporting mom hair and dressed up in what appears to be period garb, reading Frankenstein in front of a castle.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Only Sting, Elvis, and Yo-Yo Ma actually look like they may have been reading. Maybe REM, too; they kind of look like they're thinking, "Okay, you've pulled us from our books; what do you want?"

9:45 AM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Are you saying you don't hold your books while doing weird ballet-style leaps, like Bowie's picture?

...whyever not?

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I know, freaky that I'm such a sloth and generally sit when I read. :-|

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Laaaazy...

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

I'm sure this would brighten up anyone's holiday m...

Eating like it's 1896

Didn't they see King Kong?

My feelings on censorship have gone to war with my...

The more Crusie the merrier

Want to smell tomato-soup-roast-beef-and-blueberry...

Singin' in the library

The sweet scent of a horror-story victim

Higher and higher

I do like the "Stupidity" title card, though.


Archives



Powered by Blogger