Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cathy, Electra, Irving, and her mother ride off into the sunset...

Ohio cartoonist Cathy Guisewite, the award-winning creator of the comic strip Cathy, has decided to retire her feature as of October 3rd. I can't say I'll truly miss the strip (actually, I'm not sure my newspaper carries it any longer, and I didn't notice it went missing until, uh... just now), but it did occasionally make me laugh, which is more than several of the other "classic" strips on the page can say.

Best of luck to Ms. Guisewite in her future endeavors!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Because *all* vampires need regular manicures

Textbooks on the cheap...er

(Not for $48, though.)

My feelings? Totally hurt.

Flipped: new and improved?

Low standards

The fall of the book-selling empire?

RIP, OneManga

Hiss, boo

Seriously, dude? Thucydides?


Archives



Powered by Blogger