Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We approve.

As longtime readers of the site know, I love reading about frugality. Sadly, Wordcandy hardly ever receives books on this subject, which means I have to either wait patiently for library copies or actually buy the books myself. This is particularly irritating when the cheapskate how-to guide in question is only, say, 190 pages and published as a $30 hardcover.

Anyway, this is why I was so pleased to read Salon.com's interview with Jeff Yeager, whose recent book The Cheapskate Next Door is a solid 256 pages and costs $12.99*. I like to see people practicing what they preach, you know?

*Note: Still too expensive for me to actually buy, but we're getting closer. Try <$5, guys.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Something to (maybe) look forward to

Deliciousness ahoy

A happy combination

Looking forward to it

Just like The Firm, but rated G, and set twenty ye...

Okay, I admit it.

Let down your standards

Pride and Prejudice and footnotes

A fine birthday tradition

Nothing says "summer" like overblown Czech prose


Archives



Powered by Blogger