Thursday, May 27, 2010

So unfair. So very, very unfair.


WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?

As y'all know, I HATED the recent five-issue Marvel comic adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. So when I saw their next Austen-inspired project (an adaptation of Sense and Sensibility, which ties with Emma for the title of My Least Favorite Austen Novel), my hopes were not high... until I opened the book, and saw that the artwork was done by Sonny Liew, the Eisner-nominated comic artist who did the art My Faith in Frankie. WHAT? Why did Pride and Prejudice get artwork that looked like a hybrid of Marvel's most generic superheroines and Barbie, and Sense and Sensibility get Liew? WHO MAKES THESE CALLS?!?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Lord Sunday, by Garth Nix

A little something extra

Typecasting

Swedish smackdown

Not the cake I would have chosen, but...

What DOES Disney have against eyeshadow, anyway?

Poking fun at the Scottish Play

A far, far better thing

Seriously, who does that?

Any movie with a Judy Blume reference...


Archives



Powered by Blogger