Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hollywood gone wrong

Worst casting news ever: Columbia Pictures and Lakeshore Entertainment have signed Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie Plum, the hapless lingerie-buyer-turned-bounty-hunter heroine of Janet Evanovich's popular series. Apparently, Reese Witherspoon was previously attached to the role (not really spot-on casting either, IMO), but still about a thousand times better than Katherine Heigl. Seriously, you have to wonder if the bigwigs at Columbia/Lakeshore have ever A) read the books, or B) seen Heigl act.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Megwin said...

Yeah this is so not going to work for me... has she ever even done a role like a Jersey Girl?

I actually enjoy a few of Heigl's movies but I just can't see here as Stephanie. Sadly that will not stop me from paying for a movie ticket.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

I know... and I'll probably be right there beside you. BUT I WILL BE RESENTFUL.

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I dunno. She made a pretty good spoiled brat in My Father The Hero, and the Plum seems to get more spoiled and obnoxious as the series progresses. (I really enjoyed the first few Plum books, but really should have stopped reading them long before they hit the double-digits.)

9:13 PM

 
Blogger megwin said...

I just keep thinking of Stephanie with the big hair, lots of makeup and her outfit... I am not sure who I would have pictured in the role but I know there are lists devoted to this.

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Back on top

Behind the times

The Passion of the Hausfrau: Motherhood, Illuminat...

Supergross

All Unquiet Things, by Anna Jarzab

Brilliant with a side of more brilliant

Freefall, by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams

Tunnels and Deeper, by Roderick Gordon and Brian W...

Girls Gone Victorian

You do have to admire her gall, though.


Archives



Powered by Blogger