Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quirky.

I see so many Jane Austen continuations/adaptations/re-workings that they frequently start to blend together, but this one is gonna stick out in my memory:


You see, dear readers, Pride/Prejudice focuses on Elizabeth and Darcy's previous same-sex romances--Elizabeth's with Charlotte Lucas and Darcy's with Bingley. It's out today, and while I'm not sure the slashfic approach to Austen is going to resonate with all of Pride and Prejudice's many fans, props to Ms. Hendereen for her, er, unusual take on the subject.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooooookaaaaaaaay...

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Yeah, that was pretty much my take on it, too.

Well, that and "What an ugly cover."

3:04 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My cover reaction was, "Woah, since when did Austen focus on boobs?"

3:42 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

I know! I realize the book is supposed to be a sex-centric retelling, but, to me, that cover art says "Cheeseball soft-core costume drama", and I'm not sure that's what the author was going for.

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

I may not be a princess, but...

Dream Life, by Lauren Mechling

Do they bind them in gold or what?

Spinning Disney

Babymouse: Dragonslayer, by Jennifer L. Holm and M...

Congratulations to 'em both.

Fallen, by Lauren Kate

Alice blue

Awesomeness on sale

The Return


Archives



Powered by Blogger