Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Percy Jackson's High School Musical

Well, they've released another Percy Jackson and the Olympians trailer:



*sigh* I laughed at the pen line, but otherwise it just looks so hokey. Also, I find myself totally distracted by that kid's emo take on Zac Efron's hair.

And I know I've already complained about this, but why are the actors so old? I seriously want to know (i.e., this isn't just my normal sulkiness over bad casting). Is it because they're combining the whole series into one movie? Because the characters are supposed to age from eleven to sixteen over the course of five books, and if they're making five movies... well, those actors will be thinking seriously about their retirement benefits by the time the series is over.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Errr... Um... I think that, had it been less ambitious, it would not have looked so... it would not have fallen so hard on its face. I suspect that it shall be quite successful, but that I shall not be in line to see it on its opening day.

And seriously, tell me I am not supposed to believe that those children are under fifteen. That is as low as I am willing to believe.

1:24 PM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

The girl, I hear, is twenty three.

TWWEEEENNNTTTYYY THHHRREEEE!!!!!

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Cynical & Sweet said...

you know, they DO look kinda old. i agree with Sheryl. I think it'll do great, but I won't be ther opening day. Seems like it would almost make me laugh. Just like: This is a powerful weapon.- ..It's a pen. Only use it in times of great danger.-...It's a PEN. Haha. And also, ANNABETH SHOULD BE *BLONDE*!!!!!!!!! With GRAY eyes, NOT blue *sulks*

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Well played, Mr. (and Mrs.) King.

Double ugh.

Literary gifts for our fellow procrastinators...

Holiday cheer on tap

"Best of" goes graphic

Inappropriate in so many ways...

Critics at work

Out at Night, by Susan Arnout Smith

Speculation abounds

Harsh, man.


Archives



Powered by Blogger