Monday, February 09, 2009

'Bloom County' fans rejoice

Thanks to the fine people at IDW Publishing, fans of the classic comic strip Bloom County are about to have a dream realized: a high-quality, five-volume-long collection of nearly two years' worth of daily and Sunday strips.

From the press release:

“Fans have pestered me for years,” said Berkeley Breathed, “for this ultimate Bloom County collection in that polite, respectful badgering way that only fans can manage. Thank God I can now tell them something better than just ‘please remove your tent from my lawn.’ I can say, ‘It’s coming!”
Hmm. As a lifelong Bloom County fan, I'm sorry to say this, but the honorable Mr. Breathed comes off as a bit smug, doesn't he?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is so cool...

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

TV vampires strike again

Reading between the lines

The critics (heart) Coraline, but I have my doubts.

Two upcoming King Lear movies?

New work from Rumiko Takahashi!

Tokyopop cancellations (yet again)

Keepin' it classy

Dan Simmons movie moves forward

Okay, I love these.

YALSA's list of great graphic novels


Archives



Powered by Blogger