Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yikes.

You know, I want to like Gossip Girl, but whenever I've caught even a few minutes of it online or channel-flipping at my parents' house, the acting always looks really, really bad. I mean, the actors are super-pretty, but the lion's share of them range from "painfully awkward" to "just straight-up terrible".

Still, I do love me some guilty-pleasure TV, so I'm wondering: do you eventually get so caught up in the story that you don't notice the acting? Should I rent the DVD and give it a shot?

I'm nervous, though--I don't think I'll ever get caught up in any story sufficiently to ignore acting like this:

SPOILER WARNING:
The video below contains scenes from Season 2 of Gossip Girl.


That dude (Lord Marcus?) has the funniest English accent I think I've ever heard.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget the bad acting what was up with the other guys hair!

5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... meet the Gossip Girl equivalent of Buffy's Riley.

7:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Holly Black's Kin

Re-live the glory of 1997

French Women Don't Get Fat: the movie

In need of a little electronic babysitting?

That long-awaited Hobbit adaptation starts looking...

Nothing but good times ahead...?

Scanlation update!

Riiiight.

Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging: the movie

Lost in Austen: Part II


Archives



Powered by Blogger