Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Death and Taxes

I don't have much time today (I have to go pay my taxes, and something tells me that will involve waiting in a long, boring line), so I'm just posting a quick Tax Day book rec:


Before her death in 2000, Sarah Caudwell wrote four weird and witty mysteries featuring Professor Hilary Tamar, mentor to a group of British tax barristers. In addition to these books' basic awesomeness, they also feature cover art by the late, great Edward Gorey. They're a little hard to find, but they're fine books to read while you're queued up at the post office.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

My apologies for doubting you, Ms. Smith.

Where is the chihuahua?

Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

Most of my paperbacks are too worn for this, but...

Peace, Part II

Peace: 50 Years of Protest, by Barry Miles

Sakura-Con 2008: The event itself...

J-Shakespeare?

Now with pictures

Gone but not (totally) forgotten


Archives



Powered by Blogger