Thursday, June 07, 2007

New romance recommendation

While going through the slim pickings in a small English-language bookstore in Italy, I unenthusiastically selected Single White Vampire, a cheesy-looking book by a writer I'd never heard of before, Lynsay Sands. I'm not a big fan of vampire romance novels, but I wasn't seeing anything else and it was only two euros, so I shrugged my shoulders, took it up to the counter...

...and was happily surprised. By the end of the trip, we'd all read Single White Vampire. I'm not saying that the book was great--it wasn't--but it was cute and funny and reasonably well-written, and that's nothing to sneeze at. I'm not going to rush out there and buy Ms. Sands' entire back catalog, but I'll definitely add her to my "When there's a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and I have nothing else I want to buy" list. She's a solid pick for any romance fans out there looking for some enjoyably silly beach reading.


Above left: The Brat, Ms. Sands' latest novel. Not exactly the world's most elegant-looking book, but an undeniably eye-catching combination of title and cover art.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Megwin said...

I really enjoyed Single White Vampire very fun and would pick up another one of her books

It was way less painful then an Anita Blake novel!

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Cover art saves

We are BACK...

Manga babes in stars-and-stripes bikinis?

Further unfairness

Lucky...

Out for lunch

A worthy effort

Now with pictures

Best. Website. EVER.

Delaying Jane


Archives



Powered by Blogger