Sunday, June 25, 2006

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet

Excerpt from:
Seven Up, by Janet Evanovich

Why you should buy a copy of your very own:

Nobody does inspired lunacy like Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series can be a little uneven (and I usually forget the plot about four seconds after finishing the book), but her books are always guaranteed to have at least two scenes that make me laugh 'til I choke.

In this scene...
Stephanie is introducing herself.


"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple--I wanted to be an intergalactic princess. I didn't care much about ruling hordes of space people. Mostly I wanted to wear the cape and the sexy boots and carry a cool weapon.

As it happens, the princess thing didn't work out for me, so I went to college and when I graduated I went to work as a lingerie buyer for a chain store. Then that didn't work out, so I blackmailed my bail bondsman cousin into giving me a job as a bounty hunter. Funny how fate steps in. I never did get the cape or the sexy boots, but I do finally have a sort of cool weapon. Well, okay, it's a little .38 and I keep in my cookie jar, but it's still a weapon, right?"

(c)Janet Evanovich, 2001

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Seeing Ear Theatre

Harper Lee!

Save the Date...

Buck up, little Emma!

Mail Call!

Long weekend

The world of books to be lovingly explored by CBS...

(Real) Father's Day gifts for men who like books!

Father's Day gifts for men who like books!

Mmm, manga.


Archives



Powered by Blogger