Saturday, April 29, 2006

Walpurgis Part V


Aaaaaand, last but not least, there are two scenes in Goethe's Faust named after Walpurgisnacht.















A little bonus trivia: my mother once gave me copy of Goethe's The Sorrows of Young Werther--I think it was for an Easter present. (My mom is like that.) Anyway, she told me that it was the one novel that had inspired more suicides than any other. Does anyone have any statistics to back this up? E-mail me! Also... do you think my mother was trying to tell me something?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Hee. Hee hee hee...

Walpurgis Part IV

Moving out...

Walpurgis Part III

Walpurgis Part II

Walpurgis Night!

Why have an Easter egg hunt when you can read a bo...

Behold:

Wordcandy weekly book snippet

Double Ugh.


Archives



Powered by Blogger