Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hollywood doesn't know what to do with Heyer, either.

So, it turns out that there IS actually an American film version of one of Heyer's books. Check out these charming pictures from the 1951 movie "The Reluctant Widow", AKA "The Inheritance":


Okay, I think I remember that scene. However...


...what is THIS? I am at a loss to explain it. As far as I know, Heyer never mentioned either erotic asphyxiation OR good old-fashioned bloodsucking, did she? (Or did I just miss that part?) Anyway, I hear this movie is very amusing, although apparently it underwent an eleventh hour edit that removed a bunch of crucial plot points. Regardless: Netflix, here I come.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Alan Moore + Hollywood = ...meh.

Wordcandy loves the poetry of T.S. Eliot

Wordcandy does NOT love Peyton Place.

The great bookshelf quest!

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet

Judy Blume's feminine protection: redux

Keeping our bookshelves safe...

I can't believe that Meg's biggest complaint was t...

Wordcandy loves Lewis Carroll's poetry

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet


Archives



Powered by Blogger