Monday, March 06, 2006

The great bookshelf quest!

I always seem to be on the lookout for a bookshelf. I spend months looking for the ideal balance of function and design. When I finally find one that works, I bring it home, it's instantly filled, and I have to start looking for another one. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the better ones I found in my search.

I never said my taste was cheap (sorry!), but if you have the money, these are a few of my favorite high-end bookshelves. A&B TRE by Pallucco would be my first pick... if only I had an extra $2,000 laying around:



Since most of us do not have that kind of cash, I focused most of my search on pieces that were more affordable. I found the best options at West Elm. They were stylish, affordable and functional-- a bit more of a financial investment than what you'd spend at a place like Target, but I think they're worth it:



If that was still more than you were thinking of spending, then check out Ikea, always a great source for cheap-but-fabulous furniture. The unassembled bookcases are a great start for your own DIY projects:



There were a few other bookcases that, for one reason or another, just won't work in my apartment, but I think are still worth sharing. The first of these is this great children's house-shaped bookcase. It's not something I would normally be drawn to, but I can definitely picture this crisp white bookcase filled with brightly colored books in a little girl's room. The other bookcase at unica home is a piece of art all by itself... which means that covering it up with books would be a shame. I figured it was still worth mentioning, though, because it's just so amazing-looking:



So which one did I end up getting? Sadly, none of them. Thanks to some un-planned-for moving expenses, I ended up picking up this bargain bookshelf at Sofa Express. This ladder bookcase works well, and with a price tag of $45 I couldn't pass it up:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet

Judy Blume's feminine protection: redux

Keeping our bookshelves safe...

I can't believe that Meg's biggest complaint was t...

Wordcandy loves Lewis Carroll's poetry

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet

Readers 14 and under, take note!

Nora Roberts movies?

Wordcandy loves Russian poetry (even when the tran...

More Casting Choices - Harry Potter


Archives



Powered by Blogger