Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wordcandy loves Russian poetry (even when the translation is iffy)


I don't know if you're alive or dead.
Can you on earth be sought,
Or only when the sunsets fade
Be mourned serenely in my thought?

All is for you: the daily prayer,
The sleepless heat at night,
And of my verses, the white
Flock, and of my eyes, the blue fire.

No-one was more cherished, no-one tortured
Me more, not
Even the one who betrayed me to torture,
Not even the one who caressed me and forgot.

-Anna Akhmatova

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

More Casting Choices - Harry Potter

Bad Casting Choices

Sadly, now my birthday is over...

Don't Look Down

It just doesn't sound very hygienic.

So, my birthday's coming up....

Wordcandy loves poetry, even when it's Completely....

Melodramatic covers.... yuck!

Holiday Cheer from Kyohiko Azuma, Part III

Holiday Cheer from Kyohiko Azuma, Part II


Archives



Powered by Blogger