Thursday, September 15, 2011

A gelled mop of hair = movie shorthand for deep emotional scars

I've finally seen the trailer for The Amazing Spiderman movie, and while I cannot get behind Andrew Garfield's Robert-Pattinson-style tousled hair, I must say it looks fairly entertaining:



I would have preferred to see more actual human interaction and less swinging through the city (although I accept that naked pandering to 3-D aficionados is par for the course with current action movies), but I found the mysterious briefcase and the fate of Peter's parents sufficiently tantalizing to leave me looking forward to July 3rd, 2012.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

There's a "corny" pun I'm going to skip here.

Poseidon's Fish Market: Rick Riordan is coming to ...

Jumping the gun

A lack of options

Thank you, Korean cinema gods

Living in denial

Eggs in one basket

Why so many geek-culture shoutouts, Williams-Sonoma?

Patience (but not much of it) required

This could have been so much better.


Archives



Powered by Blogger