Monday, August 30, 2010

Edgar Allan Poe fights (or possibly commits) crime

John Cusack has apparently signed on to play Edgar Allan Poe in a (fictionalized) account of the poet's last few days of life. The description of the film on Cinematical mentions something about a serial killer who's murdering people using the methods described in Poe's books, so I'm assuming these filmmakers don't subscribe to my favorite rumor about Poe's death: that he was press-ganged into a repeat-voting scam.

Note: Hey, I would totally watch a movie about mid-19th century voting scams. I think it would make for edge-of-your-seat viewing.

Note #2: Adorable as Cusack is, I have my doubts about his ability to carry off that hairstyle.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

The Walking Dead on AMC

Aisha finally hits the big screen

Onwards and upwards

Catching Fire and Mockingjay, by Suzanne Collins

Complete with recipes!

Frankly, my hopes are not high.

Saving one's spot

Branching out

I'm sorry for posting this.

Middle Earth: the theme park?


Archives



Powered by Blogger