Thursday, April 01, 2010

Little grotesques

Whoa. Speaking of questionable cover art, how did I miss this? It came out in 2007!


Normally I'm a huge fan of Penguin's Graphic Classics editions, but I don't know about this sucker. It's certainly eye-catching, but I just don't think it offers the perfect blend of subject matter and cover art of, say, their version of Wuthering Heights, which is so awesome I'm almost tempted to buy it, even though I totally hate Wuthering Heights and always have.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is an official release? I would have thought that it is a Mad or Cracked parody.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Despite my posting it on April 1st, I'm pretty sure that's real. Ugly as hell, but real!

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Reduce, re-use, etc.

Tell Me Lies and Crazy For You, by Jennifer Crusie

Smell like a superhero

Azumanga Daioh: Omnibus, by Kiyohiko Azuma

Sorry, Canada!

But why?

Hollywood validation

London to Pemberley in 20 stages

Ramona and Beezus go to Hollywood

Mister Monday, by Garth Nix


Archives



Powered by Blogger