Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Austen done wrong

The AustenBlog readers are still giving the recent BBC adaptation of Emma an overwhelming thumbs-down, and while I'm sorry to hear the show is so sucky I've been enjoying their complaints, which range from general griping about the actors to super-specific problems with the settings, characterizations, and script. (The writer apparently took out the "We are not brother and sister line", which *is* kind of a shocker.) I'm no longer sure I'll watch adaptation when it comes out here in the States, but seeing all these devoted Austen fans up in arms has been a delight to behold, so I suppose I should be grateful for the entertainment it has already provided me....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

New-old Jennifer Crusie

Maudlin with a side of sap

Hardcore Heyer fans take note...

The Man speaks

Money would be no object

The Tripods on the big screen?

A high-end store sinks to new lows

All good things

Meg Cabot loves Maud Hart Lovelace, too.

An artist's canvas (shoes)


Archives



Powered by Blogger