Thursday, June 12, 2008

Johanna Spyri turns 181

The NPR feature The Writer's Almanac informs me that today is Heidi author Johanna Spyri's birthday.

I haven't read Heidi in 15 years, but it's been lurking around in the background of my mind lately. My Austrian film student cousin mentioned that she's working on a show about the Austrian mountains, which--in a roundabout way--reminded me of Spyri's book. (I realize Heidi is set in Switzerland, but mountains are mountains, right?) I have vague memories of being irritated by the movie versions, but thinking the book was actually pretty good. I'll have to pick up a copy and see how the story has aged...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Drama, drama, everywhere

Laura Kinsale 2.0

Twilight fans take heed!

His Cunning or Hers

Irritation factor increase: 19%

Inuyasha to end

Signs of life

Gossip Girl in a hoop skirt

"Writing as Ian Fleming", huh?

Runaways: the movie


Archives



Powered by Blogger