Friday, May 09, 2008

Mind-bending

I was recently poking through the Art.com website, and I ran across this:


This framed print of an 1894 illustration featuring Mr. Collins proposing to Elizabeth Bennet (from Austen's Pride and Prejudice) costs $199.99. Now, I love me some Austen memorabilia, but the idea of spending two hundred dollars for this particular print makes me a little dizzy. Setting aside the price (which is very difficult for me to do), I can't imagine where I would put it--I like kitsch, but what room in my house is crying out to be graced by an image of Mr. Collins...?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Mother's Day gifts for the procrastinator (Part II)

Mother's Day Gifts for the procrastinator (Part I)

Out and about

May Book Giveaway!

Behold: A low-budget vampire version of the Gossip...

The Invention of Hugo Cabret gets even more visual

Picture shows

House of Many Ways

The Stone Gods, by Jeanette Winterson

Maximum Ride goes manga-esque


Archives



Powered by Blogger