Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Build-a-library

While wandering through my local bookstore last night, I came across the new line of Puffin Classics re-releases. Each of the titles featured below costs $4.99, and includes an introduction by a well-known children's writer*, an author profile, a questions-and-answers set, and illustrations.




Are they not beautiful? This is the best-looking classics set I've seen in years--plus, these paperbacks are only slightly more expensive than Dover Thrift editions (which usually run between $2.50 and $3.50), and they're a major upgrade in terms of cover art and bonus materials.

*Including Eoin Colfer, Diana Wynne Jones, Jonathan Stroud, Brian Jacques, etc...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous--and I think I'll have to buy the Little Women one, just to see what Louise Rennison(!!!) has to say about the book.

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

I, too, am curious, but not curious enough to re-read Little Women, which I would feel obliged to do if I shelled out the money for the book. But the deliciously random combination of LMA's classic lit and Ms. Rennison's style is *almost* enough to tempt me....

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

I think we're reading these titles a little differ...

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: 10th Annive...

No, thank you.

Yearly top ten lists already?

Skip Beat! to be made into a T-drama?

Lynne Rossetto Kasper guest-blogging for Powell's

Lisa Kleypas to spice up the fall book season...

Books I don't care about are going to be made into...

ABC Family (hearts) Meg Cabot

Gossip Girl: Season One on DVD


Archives



Powered by Blogger