Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Downward spiral

We're a little behind on the calendar, so I was surprised to learn that Kelley Armstrong's new book Personal Demon is already out... and I was even more surprised to learn that this is the cover:


A babe in a vinyl dress, fondling a gargoyle? What on earth were they THINKING? Kelley Armstrong's old covers all looked more or less like this. Don't covers usually get more tasteful as the author becomes better known, rather than tackier?

Note: On the upside, I hear she's about to come out with a young adult series, which I am totally stoked to see!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not following... Tackier?

*chuckle*

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Yulianka said...

Actually, what am I saying? That's totally a leather dress, not a vinyl one, and leather makes it all WAY classier.

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Megwin said...

Does it make anyone think of a bad remake of the first Ghost Busters movie if they tried to make it sexy... I its just what comes to mind when I see this.

10:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

I will undoubtedly regret watching this, but at le...

ADV falls off the wagon (again)

Wanted

L.J. Smith returns

Freeing Tibet

The Penderwicks

Hana Yori Dango Version 3.0

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

The Fug Girls are at Powell's

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day


Archives



Powered by Blogger