Monday, January 21, 2008

Austen Week, part I

It's my birthday this week (yes, all week), and Jane Austen is my favorite author, and American PBS stations are currently showing all those (mostly bad) Austen adaptations, and I have a pile of Austen spin-off novels to review, so I'm hereby declaring this "Austen Week" here at the ol' Wordcandy homestead.

Starting with these images of upcoming paperback editions--all of which are available for under five bucks:




I like 'em--they're pretty, colorful, and unusual (I get tired of tasteful images of antique portraits), but still totally appropriate. While the Pride and Prejudice edition is already out, you'll have to wait until early next month for the other two.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're okay-not mindblowing, but cute, and, hey, five bucks!

Happy Birthday!

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Dogs and Goddesses

Curiosity vs. my delicate sensibilities

A love triangle involving only two bodies?

Go Fug Yourself goes literary.

Philip Pullman continues to milk the His Dark Mate...

The Fattening of America

Holy CATS.

A Slave No More

I don't have room for this...

A new "Dune" movie?


Archives



Powered by Blogger