Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New and (much, much) improved

I've been waiting a long time for somebody to give Lucy Maud Montgomery's books new cover art. I've seen a few decent-looking editions of Anne of Green Gables recently, but nobody seems to be leaping to renovate Montgomery's lesser-known works... with one happy exception: my favorite of her independent stories, The Blue Castle. Here's the butt-ugly edition of my childhood, which, sadly, is still widely available:


And here's the new version:


Not exactly mind-blowing, but way better, huh? Tasteful and grown-up. I'm not sure how widely available this edition is in the U.S.*, but you could probably special-order it. This charming, funny, starry-eyed romance is totally worth the effort of a little hunting.

*The big online stores say they have it, but let's face it: they lie.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that bottom book said "Voyeur Classics", and I was getting a little worried about you guys. Good thing it was actually "Voyageur"...

10:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Manga news

Norbert!

Rowling shocks the easily shockable (and thrills l...

M.T. Anderson Speaks! (Part II)

Furuba

Whoa.

Celebrities reading, part II

Bookseller news

Awards season

M.T. Anderson Speaks! (Part I)


Archives



Powered by Blogger