Monday, October 02, 2006

Alas.

While visiting my local bookstore this weekend, I was excited to see a beautifully bound, Alice In Wonderland-inspired book on the new fiction shelves: Frank Beddor's The Looking-Glass Wars. Unfortunately, my excitement was slightly dampened when I discovered that I'd already read it.

Like, a year ago.

In paperback, no less.

Eventually, I realized that I must have picked up my copy of Beddor's novel in England, where the book has been out for about a year and a half. Google then lead me to the accompanying comic book series, Hatter M, which looks very... manly. (From what I recall, the Hatter in Beddor's world is an assassin. I can't remember what the pointy thing that he's holding is, though. Maybe millinery shears?)

While I'm usually pretty irritated by staggered release dates, I trust that the wide gap between the British release date and the American one means that the wait for the second novel will be very, very brief.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comic book is totally stupid. Pretty, but stupid.

8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

MirrorMask

Money burning a hole in your pocket?

Nora Roberts churns 'em out

One more shot...

Check out that poncho!

God bless Jim Henson.

Ah, the sweet scent of superheroes...

Book seven news

Wordcandy Weekly Book Snippet

Delicious Library


Archives



Powered by Blogger