Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Odds and ends

Item one: I finally received my copy of Hope Mirrlees's Lud-in-the-Mist (which means I can finish this week's update!) and check out what's written on the back cover: "As sturdy as a painting by Brueghel, as delicate the breath of a hummingbird's wing, Lud-in-the-Mist is a delight, an enchanting discovery for lovers of fantasy".

Um. Okay. I... hope I'll like it? I'm afraid that the whole Brueghel painting/breath of a hummingbird's wing thing isn't giving me a very clear picture of what to expect. (Other than a boatload of pretentiousness.)



Item two: The Sisters Grimm website finally got around to posting their "Grimm Game". You answer a bunch of questions, and the computer writes a fairytale for you based on your answers. Mine featured an evil villain that I unknowingly named after my little brother: Colin, King of the Goobers. (Sorry about that, Colin.) It's a lot of fun, particularly if you were into MadLibs as a child.





Item three: And in other, totally unrelated news, my neighbors' garage band is DRIVING ME SPARE. Learn to SING, people. Or PLAY YOUR INSTRUMENTS. Or, for the love of Pete, just PLAY MORE QUIETLY.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Have a piece of book-related news? Send it our way!
Links

wordcandy.net

wordcandy.net Bookcrossing bookshelf

Girl Detective

Mysterious Mysteries

A Study in Sherlock

OldCookbooks.com

sfsignal

MangaBlog

Austen Blog


Previous Posts

Please, save your precious $8.75

Books for baseball tickets!

Forget The Omen...

Last-minute graduation gifts

Wordcandy weekly book snippet

Books in Miniature

ADV is AWOL...

I'm sure those Coraline jammies will sell like hot...

Holy cats.

Little Women=Sultry Sapphic fun!


Archives



Powered by Blogger